A Mad World Poem: Queue the Music

A collaborative poem with my talented friend Christine of https://braveandrecklessblog.com/ -Gecko

applause
to an empty
dressing room
to drink the gin
alone

44 thoughts on “A Mad World Poem: Queue the Music

1. Stephen Fuller says:

Nudge my friend Christine… we need to get our collaboration mojo going again. She is a wonderful friend and partner in writing; our words have always flowed well together. Thank you so much Eugenia!

Liked by 1 person

2. RedheadedBooklover says:

Hi there! I just came across this post of yours and your blog in general and I couldn’t help but comment and tell you how much I love this! Keep up the great work, I am going to follow you so I can keep up with all your new posts!

3. Singledust says:

The ease of words is noted and seamless indeed. Both of you complement the other so well in verse and sometimes rhyme too well! Enjoying the collaborations that result from a meeting of minds and souls. Talent I am humbled by every time I read the words that come from your creative souls. Again well done!

Liked by 2 people

4. S Francis says:

The Mad World we live in obsessed with celebrity culture, missing out on the real life lived between human beings… this one naturally fit into our mad world theme and absolutely right Davy… celebrity in the bottom of a glass…

Liked by 2 people

5. S Francis says:

Normally, I do not write in short lines like this, but as the final words came together, it seemed to work better as short lines, so I took a stab at breaking them where I thought Christine would and she approved! Each little stroke of a line ends up carrying their own weight.

Liked by 2 people

6. S Francis says:

It has been such a pleasure finding and sharing little nuggets of ideas together with Christine. This nugget was hers, and then I built upon it, and then we traded final ideas back and forth until we ended up with this vision that then sort of worked backwards on itself to marry up with this great image. Of my many weekly writing ambitions for each week, the collaborations with Christine are my favorites. Such fun to have, as Em says above, a seamless partner in writing crimes!

Liked by 2 people

7. S Francis says:

Thank you so much Emily, the more Christine and I write together, the more our words and ideas blend together. An amazing poet, a great friend, and, yes, a seamless collaborator and fellow badass…

Liked by 2 people

8. Singledust says:

Artists collecting and reflecting feelings for an audience of numbed and jaded spectators. Beauty lost on dull eyes and deaf ears it seems. Accolades and applause, fleeting moment of glory then the artist alone again to gather more hurt for another story. This was a beautiful tribute to all artists and different forms of inspiration. Well done Christine and S!

Liked by 2 people